Star Wars Kids Games
Here are a couple high-energy Star Wars kids games that will really get the little hearts pumping!
Try these fun games for kids and transform yourself into a brave Jedi warrior fighting off an enemy Droid or a spaceship escaping an evil alien.
Star Wars Kids Games #1
Equipment: 12 pool noodles (light sabers)
- Give about half of the players a "light saber" and these players will become the Jedis.
- The remaining players will be Droids. They scatter around the gym and sit or stand frozen in a spot.
- The object of the game is to avoid being hit by a light saber or tagged by a Droid.
- The Jedis fight against each other with their sabers, trying to hit each other on the legs.
- If a Jedi gets struck on the leg, he tosses his saber as far away as possible, and he becomes a Droid by sitting down on the floor.
- Any Droid may run and try to get the tossed saber, and the one that does becomes a Jedi.
- The Droids try to tag Jedis with their hands as the Jedis run by. If a Jedi gets tagged by a Droid, she must give her saber to the Droid and they change positions.
- Add more noodles as necessary.
- Adjust the number of Droids depending on the size of the playing area.
- For smaller groups, limit the playing area to the size of a basketball half-court.
Secrets for a Great Time
- With a group as large as 50 kids, it works best if only half the kids go at a time while the others wait on the sideline.
- Keep the pace and energy level of the game up by limiting the length of each game to about 5 minutes. This ensures no one gets stuck in one position for too long. It works well to play for the duration of a song.
For a Twist
- For more of an "outer space" feeling, turn off the lights and use a spinning lighted disco ball. Everyone loves playing Star Wars kids games in the dark!
- Play the Star Wars soundtrack in the background.
Star Wars Kids Games #2
Equipment: 2 pool noodles (alien antennae), 2 green pennies (aliens), 4 pennies of another color (astronauts), hula hoops (space ships)
- Scatter hoops throughout the area and have each player stand inside one hoop. Their hoop will be their space ship.
- Choose 2 players to be aliens. They wear the green pennies.
- Each alien gets a pool noodle for an antenna. They will use their antenna to tag space ships.
- Choose 4 astronauts to wear the other pennies.
- The object of the game is to maneuver your space ship throughout space without being tagged by an alien.
- Players in space ships soar around the playing area by holding their hoops around their waists and either running, walking, or jogging.
- Spaceships try to avoid being tagged by the aliens. If they get tagged, they become frozen and must drop their hoop to the ground.
- The 4 astronauts run around looking for frozen spaceships. When they find one, they lift the hoop off the ground and hand it to the pilot who may begin flying through space again.
- Adjust the number of aliens, astronauts, and spaceships to fit the size of your group.
- Add more aliens if they have trouble tagging anyone.
- Give each alien 2 noodles and let them have an antenna in each hand.
- Add more astronauts if too many spaceships are standing frozen too long.
- Use a smaller playing area for fewer players.
Secrets for a Great Time
- Limit each game to about 5 minutes to give kids a chance to go full speed for short periods. This also gives them a chance to rotate roles.
For a Twist
- Allow the aliens to try to tag the astronauts as well.
- Add a space station in a corner to be a "no tag zone." Space ships can "refuel" or rest there. Limit their stay to a 5-4-3-2-1 countdown and then they have to blast back out to outer space.
- For more of an "outer space" feeling, turn off the lights, use a spinning lighted disco ball, and play the Star Wars soundtrack or other space-type music.
If you like these Star Wars kids games, check out more fun games for kids!
Home > Free Kids Games > Star Wars Kids Games