Fun Games to Play
A perfect dish for kids who love to play Tag!
If you need fun games to play to get the heart pumping, we've got exciting cardiovascular activites, including cool tag games for girls and boys of all ages!
Why is this a fun game?
Games like Color Tag are great because they are a twist on the old game of tag that we all know and love. We took regular tag, added some spice by making color groups and extra bases, and formed rules so several people can be "It" at once.
Color Tag is a great workout, but it's also one of the most fun games to play that you can find for tag lovers!
Recipes for Play!
| Serves: ages 4+
|| # Servings: 6+ kids
|| Prep: <10 mins|
- Colored squares in at least 3 or 4 colors (or hoops or masking tape or anything to mark colored areas.)
- Divide players into color groups of equal size.
- Scatter colored markers randomly around the playing area.
- There should be one less marker than the number of kids in each group.
- One person from each group is designated as “It.”
- Players scatter throughout playing area.
- Players of each color group attempt to move from one colored marker to another while “It” tries to tag them.
- Kids are safe only when they are touching a marker that matches the color of their group.
- Only 1 player can be at a marker at a time, so anyone at the marker must leave when a new player arrives.
- “It” can only tag those in their color group.
- When a player gets tagged, he becomes the new “It” and starts trying to tag other players in his color group.
- After a few tries, select a new “It” to make sure everyone gets a chance.
Modifications for less than 6 players
- Lay out different colored hoops but designate which color is safe. Play with one color for a while then switch colors.
Secrets for a Great Dish:
- Assign players of similar abilities to be in the same color group.
- Set a time limit of 5 seconds for how long someone can stay at a marker.
- Adjust the size of the playing area to make it challenging, yet not too tiring.
For a Twist:
- Leader calls out “Rainbow” and everyone who is “It” can try to tag anyone no matter what color group they are in.
- Remove 1 marker after each round to make it more challenging.
For another of my favorite games for girls and boys who love playing tag, check out Sharks and Killer Whales!
Make sure to check out the rest of our high energy games in our collection of Cardiovascular Activities for kids.
If you want to slow it down a bit, check out our indoor games.
You're sure to find some games your kids will love in our complete list of kids sports activities!
Return from Fun Games to Play to Home