Fun Games to Play
If you need fun games to play to get the heart pumping, we've got exciting cardiovascular activities, including cool tag games for girls and boys of all ages!
Why is this a fun game?
Games like Color Tag are great because they are a twist on the old game of tag that we all know and love. We took regular tag, added some spice by making color groups and extra bases, and formed rules so several people can be "It" at once.
Color Tag is a great workout, but it's also one of the most fun games to play that you can find for tag lovers!
Fun Games to Play
Equipment: Colored spots in at least 3 or 4 colors (or hoops, masking tape, anything to mark colored areas)
- Divide players into color groups of equal size.
- Scatter colored markers randomly around the playing area.
- There should be one less marker than the number of kids in each group.
- One person from each group is designated as “It.”
- Players scatter throughout playing area.
- Players of each color group attempt to move from one colored marker to another while “It” tries to tag them.
- Kids are safe only when they are touching a marker that matches the color of their group.
- Only 1 player can be at a marker at a time, so anyone at the marker must leave when a new player arrives.
- “It” can only tag those in their color group.
- When a player gets tagged, he becomes the new “It” and starts trying to tag other players in his color group.
- After a few tries, select a new “It” to make sure everyone gets a chance.
- For less than 6 players, lay out different colored hoops but designate which color is safe. Play with one color for a while then switch colors.
Secrets for a Great Time:
- Assign players of similar abilities to be in the same color group.
- Set a time limit of 5 seconds for how long someone can stay at a marker.
- Adjust the size of the playing area to make it challenging, yet not too tiring.
For a Twist:
- Leader calls out “Rainbow” and everyone who is “It” can try to tag anyone no matter what color group they are in.
- Remove 1 marker after each round to make it more challenging.
Make sure to check out the rest of our high energy games in our collection of cardiovascular activities for kids.
If you want to slow it down a bit, check out some fun indoor games.
You're sure to find some games your kids will love in our complete list of kids sports activities!
Home > Free Kids Games > Fun Games to Play: Color Tag