Kids Summer Activities
A perfect dish for kids who love to play Soccer!
Why is this a fun game?
Fun kids summer activities like Crab Soccer are great because they allow kids to be active but within a controlled environment where different ages and abilities can all participate.
Crab Soccer is a great kids sports activity anytime of the year!
We've got plenty more outdoor games to choose from.
Recipes for Play!
| Serves: ages 5+
|| # Servings: 16-32 kids
|| Prep: <10 mins|
Large beach ball
Jumbo pair of dice
- Divide players into 4 teams and give each of them a number from #1 up to the number of players on their team. When you are done there should be 4 players with each number. If there are an uneven number of players, assign someone 2 numbers.
- Players will sit in a square formation with a couple feet in between each one.
- Place the ball in the center of the square.
- A designated player rolls the dice and calls out the 2 numbers showing. (If doubles are rolled, roll again.)
- The players with these numbers crab walk to the middle of the square and try to kick the ball over one of the other three team’s side. So, playing with 4 teams, there are 8 people in the middle at once.
- The sideline players must keep their hands on the ground and can only move in a crab position, too. They use their feet to keep the ball from going over their sideline.
- After a score, players return to their places and the dice are rolled again. If there is not a score after 1 minute, the player who rolled the dice calls "Time." All players return to their original places and the dice are thrown again.
- 1 point is given to a team if the ball goes over their side.
- If the ball goes over a corner, 1 point is given to both adjoining teams.
- Low score wins the game.
Secrets for a Great Dish:
- Players need enough space between them to be able to move without kicking the person next to them.
- Adjust the size of the playing space to fit the size of your group and the skill level of your players.
- Give players of similar size, skill level or age the same number to ensure more even competition.
For a Twist:
- Leader calls out numbers instead of rolling dice to ensure even playing time for everyone.
- Use a balloon to slow down the movement of the ball.
- Have more than 1 ball (balloon) going at a time to increase the speed and amount of action.
- If doubles are rolled, let those 4 players play that round instead of the usual 8.
Go from Kids Summer Activities to Home