Fun Group Activities
A perfect dish for kids who like to Talk & Give Orders!
Why is this a great game?
Fun group activities like Tank Wars make great birthday party games, slumber party activities, or team building games. They enable a bunch of people to participate and have fun, even if running around isn't an option. Sometimes kids' parties can be dominated by a few talkative ones, but a game like Tank Wars helps to get everyone involved and taking turns being verbal!
Recipes for Play!
| Serves: ages 8+
|| # Servings: 2-30 kids
|| Prep: <10 mins|
- Blindfolds for half the players
- Foam balls (sock balls)
- Players are divided into teams of 2. One of the partners is blindfolded and is the “tank.”
- The other partner is not blindfolded, and he serves as the “gunner” and “shield.”
- Partners spread out across the playing area.
- Foam balls (“missiles”) are scattered throughout the playing area.
- The object of the game is for the tanks to find the missiles, pick them up, and try to hit another tank.
- The tank is on hands and knees while the sighted partner gives him directions to get to a missile and then tells the tank where he needs to throw the ball to hit a tank.
- The sighted person also acts as a shield and protects his tank from getting hit by incoming missiles.
- If a tank gets blown up, the partners switch roles and continue playing.
Secrets for a Great Dish:
- Make sure the playing area is free of hazards for those that are blindfolded.
- Tanks may want to walk (or crab walk) instead of crawl depending on the surface of the playing area.
- Make sure the size of the playing area is not too large for the number of tanks you have.
For a Twist:
- Have the tanks be on a “land mine” hunting mission instead of a shooting mission. Scatter out all kinds of objects and have tanks compete to see who can find the most land mines with the help of their sighted partners, the “gunners.”
We've got fun group activities for all occasions. Do you need some active slumber party games?
Maybe you need some free party games for kids or free team building activities. Whatever group function you've got planned, we can help you out with some exciting free kids games.
For other fun games to play, check out our complete list of kids sports activities.
Go from Fun Group Activities to Home