Free Preschool Games
A perfect dish for kids who like to Act and Pretend!
Why is this a great game?
Free preschool games that get kids moving are often just what excitable kids and tired parents need the most!
Imagi-Motion gives kids an opportunity to do two things they love: to pretend and to have an audience to watch them!
Imagi-Motion is more than just a fun game though...
It helps kids develop locomotor skills and encourages imaginative thinking as well. This is a great game to play with a single child or any number of children.
If you're interested in preschool activities,
you’ll find other fun games for pre k students with our
Recipes for Play!
| Serves: ages 2-10
|| # Servings: 1+ kids
|| Prep: None|
These activities allow players to use their imaginations and act out different scenarios using a variety of locomotor movements. Call one out and let one or all of the kids perform the motions together.
- First time on roller skates
- Jumping in an ice-cold swimming pool
- Pinball in a pinball machine
- A balloon that gets blown up and then released
- A jet taking off
- Slipping on a banana peel
- Walking across a hot sidewalk in bare feet
- A giant monster
- Leaping from stone to stone across a river
- Being pulled by a huge dog on a leash
- Riding a roller coaster
- Driving a race car
- Using a giant crayon to draw a smiley face
- Walking on railroad tracks
- Stepping in gum with your left shoe…and then your right shoe
- Hit a ball and run to first base – then rewind and do it in reverse
- Dribble down the court and shoot a basketball – then rewind and do it in reverse
- Catch a football and run for a touchdown – then rewind and do it in reverse
- An astronaut floating around in a space ship
- Climbing a rope
- Running into a wall
- Monkey swinging through the trees
Secrets for a Great Dish:
- The freer, sillier and more dramatic you are as the leader, the better.
- If kids are having trouble getting started, act them out yourself and they will have fun imitating and joining in.
For a Twist:
- Think of your own scenarios.
- Think of scenarios kids can do in pairs.
- Have kids come up with their own ideas to challenge the others with.
- Play fun music and background sound effects appropriate for the different movements.
Didn't find the free preschool games you were looking for?
Our Recipes for Play! have a wide variety of fun games for kids of all ages.
Go from Free Preschool Games to Home