Free Kids Activities
A perfect dish for kids who love to play Soccer games!
Our wide selection of free kids activities includes cardiovascular acitivites and other fun kids games that are sure to improve your child's fitness level.
Why is this a fun game?
Free kids activities like Trio Soccer are great games to introduce to your kids because they help give everyone equal time to play, and you can match up the kids who are the closest in ability level.
This game can be played with as few as 3 players; the fewer the players, the more cardiovascular workout it will be for each person.
Recipes for Play!
| Serves: ages 5+
|| # Servings: 3+ kids
|| Prep: <5 mins|
- Set up a miniature soccer field with boundaries and markings to designate goals at each end of the field.
- One player starts at each goal (like a soccer goalie) and the third player starts in the middle of the field with the ball.
- If you have more than 3 players, add lines behind each goal; those players will rotate in to the goalie spot after each attempt to score.
- The game is a continual 1-on-1-soccer game. The player with the ball starts out from the center of the field and dribbles toward a goal to play 1-on-1 with that goalie.
- They play until either the offensive player scores or until the goalie gets possession of the ball.
- After play is done, the player who just played offense stays at the goal to play defender while the goalie dribbles the ball down the field to try to score at the other end of the field.
- Now this pair plays until either the offensive player scores or until the goalie gets possession of the ball.
- When their play is finished (either by a score or by the goalie getting possession), the offensive player who just dribbled down the field stays at that end to play goalie while the other player takes the ball down field to go against the goalie waiting at the other end (who was the player who started the game in the middle of the field).
- If a goal is made, the defender takes the ball out of the net and dribbles it down to go 1-on-1 at the other end.
- Only feet can be used – no hands.
- The first player to reach a pre-determined number of points is the winner, or you can play for a certain amount of time and see who has the most goals when time runs out.
Secrets for a Great Dish:
- Adjust the size of the field to the skill level and conditioning level of the players.
- The player who was on offense stays to be the next defender and waits for a player to return down the field.
For a Twist:
- Add a 4th player who stays on offense the whole time. The other 3 players rotate as usual but the 4th player stays on offense to go 2-on-1 at each end. The 4th player is only a passer and doesn’t get to score. Rotate players around after a certain period of time.
- Mark a goalie box in front of each goal. The offensive players are not allowed to enter the goalie box. They have to kick beyond it.
For more free kids activities that will encourage physical fitness, check out our other cardiovascular activities.
If you want to slow it down a bit, choose a kids game from our indoor activities.
We've got lots more great party ideas and fun group games in our entire collection of Recipes for Play!
Return from Free Kids Activities to Home